Friday 1 June 2012

Psalm 16: my poem 'Secure and striving'

As I mentioned in my last blog post, this is poetic reflection #2 reading through some psalms. Enjoy!


'Secure and striving'

Target engaged, finger ready,
Bullets loaded, footwork steady.
A sea of deserves & past self reason,
To right the wrongs: to redeem my season.

But i resist. This battle is won -
Victory thick, it has been done.
What will i gain through enemies affliction?
Thank you Lord for this piercing conviction.

Real war is to resist claiming false treasure -
To willfullly clutch Your eternal measure.
Your word declares me secure - never taken,
You are with me forever, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 16:9
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment