Friday 8 June 2012

Psalm 27: My poem 'whom shan't I fear'

Psalm 27

'Whom shan't I fear?'

Seeds of lies exist scattered within my being.
They plead: "Feed us your trust, make us grow".
I listen and thickened shoots of fear erupt.
Cultivated within, the fruit bloomed is rancid.

Roots bind me afraid to lose, my toils rot:
I strive to protect what I cannot keep;
I wrestle to trust anyone because they all stumble and fall;
I desire satisfaction in the good which is never soul quenching.

I will fear all with no confidence. I must rescue myself.
Though I tell myself I gain, inwardly I starve.
My futility fused efforts will always perish.
How can I win against the final enemy of death?

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment